James Valero is a technology enthusiast and currently works with Smartronix as a Sr. Systems Administrator – Linux. He specializes in shell script automation and coming up with solutions to complex problems.
- Configured Apache httpd to handle 25+ completely independent instances which improved manageability without affecting upgrade procedures.
- Contributed 1000+ knowledge base articles and maintained System Architecture diagrams.
- Developed Bash Shell Scripts to reduce WebLogic deployments from 2 hours to under 15 minutes in a clustered environment.
- Created/Maintained both (in|ex)ternal monitoring tools/scripts to help keep on top of issues.
- Fought for and designed the building of a new server to synchronize log files which is now critical to monitoring a past employer’s E-commerce system.
- Trained the Web Support team to use platform tools, resolve issues, and taught regular training sessions.
- Created and configured new Linux VMs (VMWare) in a clustered environment
- Spending time with family
- Finding productivity hacks and tips ‘n tricks on macOS/Linux
- Learning AWS, Python, Chef
- Watching Walking Dead, Hawaii Five-O, and Marvel/DC Shows